Effective Date of Current Policy: 05/24/2018
Personal Information and Other Information Processed by Behere
We may use your contact information to send you information about the Platform. You may unsubscribe from these messages by using the unsubscribe link provided in each email, although, we reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
Personal Information we collect: we may combine Personal Information collected through the Behere Platform with Other Information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email, phone or otherwise or your customer service records and travel details. Additionally, if you register for or access the Behere Platform using a third party service, we may receive Personal Information that you allow such third party service to share with us. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous.
Other Information we collect: each time you log onto your account or use the Behere Platform, we may, in some cases, collect the following information:
- through your device: we may collect information from or through the device you use to connect to the Behere Platform, including, for example, the type of device, the IP address, the approximate location derived from an IP address, the mobile network, the operating system and version, the browser and version or the timezone setting or unique device identifiers.
- log information: we may receive and record certain details about your use of the Behere Platform, including but not limited to, web traffic data, web logs and communication data, information about your activity on the Behere Platform.
- other information from other sources: we work with third parties (including, for example, providers in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers), and we may receive, collect, store, and use information about you from them. We may partner with certain third parties to collect the Other Information and to engage in analysis, auditing, research and reporting or for use in providing online interest-based advertising on our behalf. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or similar technologies on your device. They may also use information about your use of the Behere Platform to help target non-Behere advertisements based on your online activity in general.
- information from email communications: we may communicate with you via email, phone, SMS, MMS or Whatsapp (collectively, “Text Message”) and we may collect information regarding such communications, such as confirmation when you open an email. We use this information to improve the Services, including without limitation our customer service.
- aggregate information: we collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Behere Platform (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your account or your web browser.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Behere may use the information that we collect from you:
- to provide services to you: we use Personal Information to provide our services to you through the Behere Platform, Behere experiences and events, to process and complete payments or transactions and to provide customer support. We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways: to personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; to improve our website in order to better serve you; to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests; to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; to quickly process your transactions; to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services; to follow up with them after correspondence (chat, email or phone inquiries). We also may use Personal Information to improve the Services.
- to contact you: subject to applicable law, we or our third-party service and business providers may send you communications. Such communications are designed to make your Behere experience more efficient and may include, but are not limited to: notifications about the Services (including important news that could affect your relationship with us), communications about our services and promotions. These types of communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers. By using the Services, you consent to the receipt of such communications and marketing information.
- for our business purposes: we may use Other Information to help us efficiently operate Behere and the Behere Platform, to count and recognize visitors to the Behere Platform, to enable certain features on the Behere Platform and for other purposes related to managing our business.
- for legal purposes: we may use and share Personal Information for legal purposes, including as described below in the section titled ‘How We Share Information with Third Parties’ (including the transfer of such Personal Information to third parties in countries outside your country of residence where data protection laws may be less adequate compared to your own country’s data protection laws).
- for other purposes: subject to applicable law, we may use Other Information for additional purposes in connection with the Behere Platform, including any purpose for which we may use Personal Information, as described above.
Behere may link Other Information with Personal Information. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
Subject to applicable law, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information:
- with partners and other third-party service providers: to operate Behere Services, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities with Behere or the Behere Platform, we may share your Personal Information with our partners and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services such as origination of communications, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services and order fulfillment.
- with third-parties through their websites: the Behere Platform may enable you to share information directly on or through websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, the Behere Platform may contain links to third-party websites. If you choose to browse such websites, you may disclose your Personal Information to those third-party websites. Behere is not liable for the content or action of such third-party websites.
- user information: some of your activity and information provided on and through the Behere Platform may be public (such as your name and use of Behere). Please remember if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Behere Platform, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Behere Platform. Additionally, profile information including your name and other information you enter may be displayed to other users on the Behere Platform. We will not reveal user email addresses to other participants.
- with our agents: we also employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
- pursuant to business transfers: in some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- aggregated information: from time to time, Behere may also share anonymized and aggregated information about users of the Services such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends in the usage of the Services and demographic of users. We use and share this type of data so that we and our business partners can understand how and how often people use our and their services or websites, which facilitates improving our Services, their services and how our Services interface with their services. In addition, these business partners may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- financial information: as stated above, we do not currently collect financial information, as that information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Behere Platform, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- information we share with your consent: except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Our Security Precautions
Behere uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification or deletion but no security program can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Behere cannot guarantee the security of any information obtained or processed by Behere or its service providers, and you use the Behere Platform at your own risk. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Where We Store Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination (a “third country”) outside the country or region in which you are resident or use the Behere Platform, including in the United States of America where data protection laws are not deemed to be as adequate as other regions (e.g. Europe). The data protection laws in these third country countries may be less adequate compared to your country of residence. By using the Behere Platform, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your laws in such third countries.
You may, under applicable law, have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Behere, please follow the opt-out instructions or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain non-marketing communications about your account or communications that are reasonably necessary to provide services to you.
Please note that it may take up to 2 days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems following confirmation of your request to opt-out. Therefore, you may still receive certain communications during this period.
Opting out of Interest Based Advertising
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Through the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different websites. To make choices about interest-based ads from participating third parties and to opt out of receiving certain cookies and certain trackers, please visit the DAA’s or NAI’s consumer opt out pages, which are located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info/choices or http://youronlinechoices.eu.
Do Not Track
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. The Behere Platform does not currently support the Do Not Track options offered by most major browsers. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Accessing & Editing Your Information
Behere provides you with the ability to view, update, access, edit and correct your Personal Information by contacting our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal Information transmitted through chats, polls or any other means may remain in our databases, except to the extent prohibited under applicable law.
You may have additional rights under applicable law to access information we hold or share about you but any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee, to the extent permissible under applicable law, to meet our costs in providing you with details of such information.