Have a short vacay or long weekend getaway planned this summer? We’ve you covered on the packing essentials.
What We Can’t Live Without
- Rompers and dresses:
- Are key when traveling because they’re one piece of clothing that works as a whole outfit. Throw on a romper with cute sneakers for a day of walking. Or a dress with sandals for dinner, and you’ll be ready in seconds. They can also be dressed up with wedges for night, or down with flip flops for the beach.
- Sun hat:
- Keep your face protected with a floppy hat. Stick with something that isn’t too structured so you can easily pack it. Not only will a hat keep the sun off your face, it adds to any outfit. Plus can cover your roots when you skipped a shampoo.
- Cross body purse:
- The perfect cross body purse that transitions from day to night is a must for travel. When boarding a flight you want all your documents accessible, while also being safe from pick pockets. Opt for soft leather in a color that won’t show dirt, with flaps and zippers to hold the essentials.
- Cozy clothes:
- When you want to relax the most important thing is something cozy thus, PJs are a must. A light sweater and shorts won’t take up too much space either. And you’ll be glad you brought them when you’re enjoying sunset from a patio, a glass of wine in hand.
- Reusable water bottle
- A summer weekend bag wouldn’t be complete without a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, and a good book. Staying hydrated is key to beating the heat. Carrying a water bottle will ensure headaches stay at bay. Pack a small bottle of sunscreen to avoid burning. Then pick up a good read to escape during travel or have a few options ready on a tablet.
The Basics of Packing
Planning outfits beforehand may seem obvious or annoying, but knowing what you’re going to wear, saves you from bringing too much. It also saves you time when getting ready so you can enjoy your holiday more.
Soft compartments for things like swim suits, underwear and socks are key when it comes to packing. This leaves small sections of your suitcase for toiletries and chargers, and makes repacking a breeze when on the move.
Wherever you’re headed this summer, these items are must-haves for a quick trip. Try to pack light, and of course if you’re traveling internationally, don’t forget your passport!
Ready to plan your next trip? Head to Behere to get started!
Written by Katie Tatham – @kltatham (Canadian wanderer & outdoor enthusiast)